Photos of our final concert of the semester, held on April 25th with performances by the Youth Symphony, Intermediate II, Intermediate I, and Beginner Orchestras, as well as soloists and chamber groups.
June 15- June 19th Concert on June 19 at 5:30 in the Sanctuary
July 13 - July 17th Concert on July 17 at 5:30 in the Sanctuary
Half day: 9:00 - 12:00: $215
Full day: 9:00 - 3:00: $330
Registration is open.
Our summer camps are mixed age, from about elementary to early high school. We typically accept up to 40 students, and these are divided into 4 or 5 different playing groups. The camp is staffed by four of our teachers who are assisted by our advanced high school students. The day consists of small group coaching, play through, and theory. Music is handed out on the first day and performed in a concert at the end of the week.
Very young students may participate as half-day campers. On Friday, the last day of camp, the half-day campers are invited and may choose to stay the whole day for our pizza party, organ demonstration and theory bee.
Attire is casual, comfortable clothing. Campers receive a camp T-shirt on the first day and wear these for the concert on Friday afternoon. Morning snack is provided for everyone, and lunch is provided for the full-day campers. Please let us know if you child has any food-borne allergies.
• Before registering, new students must arrange an audition with Mrs. Kitchen: .
• Pick-up/Drop-off policy: Please walk your children into the Parish Hall -- as well as pick them up there every day.
• We must emphasize: Campers are not allowed to be dropped off nor to meet parents in the parking lot: all parents must enter the building for drop off and pick up.
• You may bring your child as early as 8:30 for camp, but no earlier, unless you have made special arrangements with a teacher.
• Please be prompt: Half-day campers MUST be picked up at noon and Full-day campers at 3:00 pm promptly.
• Concerts are held at 5:30 on Friday at the end of each camp. Campers, please arrive by 5:00.
Questions? Please email Katharine Whitmore:
Duke University String School * Mary Duke Biddle Music Building * Box 90665, Durham, NC 27708