In place of our solo recitals and concerto competition this year, all DUSS students from 2019/2020 & 2020/2021 are eligible to participate in the 2020 DUSS Virtual Performance Festival. Students will submit a solo piece via Google Drive, and each will receive detailed feedback from DUSS teachers as well as a certificate for their hard work and participation. Honorable mentions and winners in each level of playing will be awarded to students. The submitted video from winners of each category will be included in our Honors Recital video, to be shared with all DUSS families.
- Students submit 1 video recording of one piece or movement.
- Students with shorter pieces may submit up to 2 different pieces if the total time is less than 5 mins.
- Memorization of submitted piece is encouraged but not required.
- Students should make sure their whole instrument and complete torso is in view during their recording.
- Students may record with accompaniment (either pre-recorded or live) but are not required to.
- Upload video to YouTube or Google Drive and send link to email@example.com
Note: the submitted video link title must include the student’s full name, piece title, and composer name in order to be considered.
- The Orchestra/Ensemble level is based on the website description of each level: https://stringschool.duke.edu/groups.
- Talk to your teacher if you don't know your orchestra/ensemble level for submission.
Submissions must be recorded between September 1, 2020 and December 1, 2020.
Videos and registrations are due December 1st @11:59pm.
Results will be emailed no later than December 18th.
Fee to participate: $25 (payment link will be emailed).
We are proud of your continued hard work and look forward to hearing your solos!