DUSS Concerto Competition
The DUSS Concerto Competition is open to all students in Concert String Orchestra and the Youth Symphony. The Competition Audition is open to the public and parents, teachers, and students are welcome to come and observe in the "stadium seating" of Nelson Music Room. In order to help aid the participant’s concentration, please no photography, video recording, or young children who may not be able to sit quietly.
The 2022 Duke University String School Concerto Competition will take place on October 22nd in the Nelson Music Room on Duke's East Campus.
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com by Saturday, October 1st, 2022.
- Pieces will be reviewed at the time of registration to ensure they are appropriate for our orchestras
- Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted
- Judges may choose up to two winners for each ensemble, but reserve the right to not choose a winner
- Former Concerto Competition winners may re-enter after two rounds of the competition being held (i.e. fall 2021 winners can re-enter for the fall 2024 competition.)
- There is a $40 fee for participation for each student. This can be paid by check, or you will also be emailed a payment link after the deadline.
- If you do not have an accompanist, you are welcome to contact any of the following:
- Blake Ray: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hye-Bin Song: email@example.com