Four Seasons Chamber Music Festival Residency
October 26–27, 2019
ECU's Four Seasons Chamber Music Festival Next Generation initiative is in residence in the Triangle at the Duke University String School October 26-27, 2019. Next Generation concerts and residencies feature world-renowned guest artists and ECU faculty artists performing alongside selected ECU students, ECU Next Gen Alumni Artists and talented young musicians from communities throughout North Carolina and beyond. This special initiative engages young musicians from DUSS and the Triangle community in intensive side-by-side rehearsals and performances, master classes, open rehearsals and career-relevant discussions. For more information, visit www.ecu.edu/fourseasons.
There is a $50 fee to participate in Next Gen on the Road Raleigh/Durham. DCC students' fee is waived.
ECU Faculty: Ara Gregorian, violin/viola; Hye-Jin Kim, violin/viola; Jorge Richter, violin/viola; Emanuel Gruber, cello; Christopher Buddo, bass; Keiko Sekino, piano; Kwan Yi, piano.
How to apply:
- Participants can apply for one or all of the following events:
- Master Class
- Side-by-Side Rehearsals/Performances
- Applicants must submit a 5-10 minute video recording with their application that best represents their current level of playing. Please note that video is required.
- String Application Deadline: September 27 to receive full consideration (available HERE beginning September 1, 2019.)
- Violin, viola, cello, bass and piano applicants will be considered.
Estimated Schedule: subject to change
Saturday, October 26 (Hayes Barton United Methodist Church - Raleigh)
10:00AM-12:30PM - Master Classes
12:35PM-1:25PM - Lunch and Interactive Discussion
1:30PM-3:00PM - Advanced Side-by-Side
3:05PM-4:35PM - Side-by-Side Piece 2
4:40PM-5:10PM - ECU Showcase Recital
5:15PM-6:40PM - Advanced Side-by-Side Rehearsal
Sunday, October 27 (Duke University)
10:00AM-11:40AM - ECU Sound Checks (Nelson)
12:00PM-2:00PM - DUSS Chamber Music Classes (Biddle)
1:15PM-2:30PM - Advanced Advanced Side-by-Side Sound Check (Nelson)
2:30PM-3:15PM - Side-by-Side Piece 2 (Nelson)
5:00PM - Concert (Nelson)